Skip to content


When you go home or if you travel abroad on a LaGrange College study-away program, check to make sure that your I-20 is endorsed for travel, your passport and visa are valid, and if an additional visa is required to travel to another country.  A DSO in the Office of Global Engagement issues a new I-20 at least twice a year at the beginning of each semester, after Drop and Add.  This is when we verify full-time enrollment for the semester and register you in SEVIS.
You should carry the following documents:
  • Your most recent I-20.  Never throw your old I-20s away.
  • Valid passport and visa (Canadian students are not required to have an F-1visa) 
  • Proof of financial support
  • Your current course schedule
  • The Office of Global Engagement contact information including a 24-hour emergency phone number, if necessary
  • Copy of your most recent I-94 admission record
You also should consider bringing the following:
  • Evidence of acceptance to your school, like a recent tuition payment receipt or acceptance letter
  • Proof of paying the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee
For those students applying for OPT or are currently participating in OPT, please refer to Employment.