When you go home or if you travel abroad on a LaGrange College study-away program, check to make sure that your I-20 is endorsed for travel, your passport and visa are valid, and if an additional visa is required to travel to another country. A DSO in the Office of Global Engagement issues a new I-20 at least twice a year at the beginning of each semester, after Drop and Add. This is when we verify full-time enrollment for the semester and register you in SEVIS.
- Your most recent I-20 and all I-20s. Never throw them away.
- Valid passport and visa (Canadian students are not required to have an F-1visa)
- Proof of financial support
- Your current course schedule
- The Office of Global Engagement contact information including a 24-hour emergency phone number, if necessary
- Copy of your most recent I-94 admission record
You also should consider bringing the following:
- Evidence of acceptance to your school, like a recent tuition payment receipt or acceptance letter
- Proof of paying the I-901 Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee