Health insurance coverage for the entire time you are enrolled at LaGrange College is strongly suggested for international students. You will be charged a health fee each semester that will give you access to the WeCare TLC, Health Services Clinic which offers basic health care services but not major medical care which can be very expensive. Students may purchase health insurance through International Student Insurance and enroll online before leaving home. The company offers four different plans and you can choose which one best suits your needs.
Before you leave home, it would be wise to do the following:
- Make copies of prescriptions (medications, eye glasses/contacts) to bring with you.
- Bring a month’s supply and a doctor’s prescription for any medication that you take regularly.
- If needed, find health care providers in the area that will provide care for special health care needs (allergy shots, mental health, physical therapy, etc.)
- Visit your dentist for a checkup and cleaning before you leave home. This can be very expensive in the U.S.
- Discuss with your parents or guardian how you will share information regarding health care needs, treatment and billing.